Teeth Whitening 101: Holistic Alternatives and Useful Tips
Old-fashioned teeth whitening methods and practices have been confirmed to be harmful to a certain extent to the durability of our set of teeth. These traditional teeth whitening methods, especially those treatments that include chlorine dioxide as an active ingredient, are advertised as safe but are really detrimental for your teeth. How to get white teeth with a safer alternative treatment is a question many dentists and experts have sought to answer. And thru the years, many teeth whitening products Melbourne and other parts of the country offer are being created, which steer clear from components that may inflict some severe and permanent damage to our tooth’s enamel. See more detail: https://www.puresmile.com.au/melbourne/
The bad effects of chlorine dioxide based teeth whitening treatments:
The tooth’s enamel should be the main reparation focus of the teeth whitening treatment, but some harmful components can cause irreparable damage to it instead. Here are some of the serious damage and harmful effects:
· Loss of tooth luster or teeth appearing more discolored
· Risk of tooth fracture
· Teeth losing protective enamel coat and absorbing more stains
· Increased tooth sensitivity
· Etching of teeth
· Gum irritation
What safe and holistic teeth whitening treatments should I get for my teeth?
You first need to determine what factors are causing your teeth’s discoloration before you wonder and search for ways on how to whiten your teeth safely. Some of the major culprits can be cigarettes, red wine, coffee, or tea. Once you determined what it is, you need to stop consuming the said factor. If you notice a change of color, then it means that discoloration factor was the right culprit you caught. Sometimes, even if you do stop engaging in these factors, your teeth will remain discolored, and for that reason these safer and more holistic alternatives for teeth whitening are made available. More information brand name: Pure Smile
Change does not happen overnight with natural and safe teeth color restoration methods. But if you observe the method religiously, there will be a noticeable change. Here is a list of the possible teeth whitening treatments that won’t pose a threat to your set of pearly whites:
1. Baking Soda – One ingredient you can use to make a teeth whitening paste is one with a low RDA or Relative Dentin Abrasivity score which is baking soda. Put a pinch of baking soda into a bowl and add a small amount of water that is purified. Mix it evenly, then dip your toothbrush in the solution. Brush and rinse your teeth like usual.
2. Activated Charcoal – This tablet is usually ingested when people accidentally swallowed something toxic like in food poisoning cases. This is good because activated charcoal has an ability to absorb chemicals when released in the stomach. Although it can stain clothing, it has been observed to remove teeth stains. You can use it by using it as a toothpaste. Wet a toothbrush and carefully brush as usual.
3. Turmeric – This ingredient is much like activated charcoal with its staining tendency, but when used on the teeth, it can lighten them. Aside from this, it can also be used as an anti-inflammatory digestive aid. Use it like how you use baking soda. You can also mix it with baking soda and coconut oil.